The 106th Indian Science Congress is organizing Women’s Science Congress with the focal theme “Future India : Science and Technology”. This programme is intended to showcase the contribution of women in Science, Technology and the Society.
Countries that understand the fact “Talent is the critical factor for growth” are poised for success. The world economic forum on the global gender gap has reported that India succeeds in fully closing its primary and secondary education enrolment gender gaps for the second year running, and, for the first time has nearly closed its tertiary education gender gap
Qualified women are coming out of the education system and it is for the industries to hire, retain and promote them. As we are moving into the era of talentism, the integration of women into the talent pool becomes inevitable.
It is also very important that women participate in policy making and political leadership. Carefully designed policies with dedicated leadership shall pave way to innovations and discoveries benefitting society.
Renowned women scientists and women leaders from Government, academia and industry who are decision makers will be delivering lecture and participate in panel discussion.
Call for Abstracts
Till recently, leading newspaper of India reports that career in Science and Technologyis mainly occupied by men. Only 14% of Indian research is contributed by women. This is alarmingly low as compared to the global average of 28.4%. Only 65% of Indian woman receives basic education. This is threatening. We have a glorious past of legendary and intellectual women. We need to reinvent ourselves. Our father of nation, Mahatma Gandhi stated, “When a man is educated an individual is educated; when a woman is educated a family and a country are educated”. This was his vision seventy years ago. As a woman it should be our prime responsibility to take his mission forward.We are honoured to invite you to participate in 8th Women Science Congress (WSC), an integral part of 106th Indian Science Congress (ISC). Feel proud of yourself and contribute to this memorable event! Showcase and celebrate your scientific temper!
- Last date for abstract submission: 15th November 2018.
- Date of conference: 5th and 6th Jan 2019
- Venue of conference: Lovely professional University, Phagwara, Punjab-144411
Note: Only selected Abstracts will be called for poster presentation. Abstract book will be published.
Information regarding abstracts to be sent to our Team:
- You are requested to send your abstract to the following email id:
- The document should ascribe the Subject area e.g. Agriculture, Chemistry, Electronics, Computer Science, Pharmacy, Bio-Technology to name a few
- Abstract title: Not more than 20 words
- Author line-up with affiliation
- No. of words in abstract should be ~250 to ~350
- Keywords (Not more than 5). You are requested to incorporate words other than the word you have used in the title
- Font: Arial, Font size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, Alignment: Justified
- At least one of the authors should be a woman
- Preferences will be given to female presenters
- Not more than two abstracts can be submitted by the same author
- Membership criterion: All the authors are required to obtain ISCA membership. Corresponding author must provide declaration that authors and co-authors are members of ISCA or will become members of ISCA before the start of the sessions