Rashtriya Kishore Vaigyanik Sammelan (Children’s Science Congress-2019) is an important part of Indian Science Congress (ISC). Since its inception, it has proved to be a unique event with a very clear focus on raising the bar of research and innovation in science in our country. The target group of 10-17 years of children makes it more relevant as they will carry forward the spark of taking innovation and research in science to a next level. The main objective of the Rashtriya Kishore Vaigyanik Sammelan (Children’s Science Congress - 2019) is to provide a platform to the budding scientists to showcase their research work and projects being developed by them. It also motivates the young and talented children to work in the field of science and technology and make a successful career in the same along-with contributing in solving the problems of our nation.
Rashtriya Kishore Vaigyanik Sammelan (Children’s Science Congress-2019) encourages a sense of discovery among the students as it gives courage to the participants to raise a question on different aspects of the progress. The event will consist of invited talks by renowned scientists and various competitions such as science exhibitions, scientific quizzes which will further enhance the intellect of the students. Workshops will also be conducted to give the students hands on experience. The projects finalized by DST will be showcased and students will have the opportunity to listen and interact with the Young Scientists and Nobel Laureates.
Broadly, the objectives of Rashtriya Kishore Vaigyanik Sammelan (Children’s Science Congress-2019) are:
- To provide a unique opportunity to children from all over the country to envision science and stimulate their scientific temperament and knowledge through innovative and creative science related projects by giving them such a unique platform.
- To provide a forum for children to pursuit their inquisitiveness and inventiveness to appease their desire for creativity.
- To encourage the children to take-up scientific research on specific issues of their choice under broad themes.
- To endorse and devise different methods of tools and instruments in the field of agriculture, fertilizers, food processing, biotechnology, green energy, disaster management, information and communication technology, astronomy, transport, games and sports etc., to encourage creativity, innovation and experiential learning (learning by doing) to address various challenges of society.
- To stimulus the young minds to enhance community feelings and sensitize towards societal needs.
- To escalate the role of science in meeting the challenges of life such as climate change, water, air and environmental pollution by involving young minds of country.
- To emphasize on developing science and technology as a vital instrument for achieving goals of self-reliance, socio-economic and socio-ecological development
Students from all parts of the country will be participating in this annual event. The participants include:
- Students whose projects are being adjudged and selected (2 from every state and UT along-with Escort) as the best by the National Children’s Science Congress, a flagship event of the National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India
- Selected Exhibits of Jawaharlal Nehru National Science, Mathematics and Environment Exhibition (JNNSMEE) by NCERT.
- Selected projects from all districts of Punjab
The following activities are planned in the Children Science Congress 2019:
- Exhibition of approximately 150 science projects by students from all over India.
- Visit of students from schools to see the exhibition.
- Expert Lectures by eminent scientists everyday during the Rashtriya Kishore Vaigyanik Sammelan (Children’s Science Congress-2019).
- Lecture through video conferencing for participating students
- Student-Visits: Visit to Pushpa Gujral Science City, Kapurthala and Jange-Azadi Memorial Kartarpur.